7 Reasons to Live in Highland Park
1. Fabulous and vibrant downtown upscale shopping everything from large high end department stores to delightful boutiques.
2. 71 restaurants with a wide variety and everything from hot dogs to exquisite cuisine. Several of my favorites are Bella Via, Carlos and Café Central
3. The one and only Ravinia Festival resides in Highland Park. Summer picnics and music are enjoyed by all North Shore residents. This is a must whether you live in Highland Park or a neighboring community.
4. Diversity of residential architecture
5. Award winning schools- District #112 and #113 www.nssd112.org and www.dist113.org
6. The Park District of Highland Park currently owns and maintains 600 acres of land consisting of over 40 park areas, a swimming beach, an 18-hole golf course, a 97-acre nature preserve.
7. Driving down the prestigious horse-shoe shaped street called Waverly Road. 1407 Waverly Road was Jake Ryan’s house in the 1984 John Hughes film Sixteen Candles.